Keep them separate ,possibly same OU in very small office
- user config applies to only user OU
- computer config applies to only computer OU
multiple group policies often apply
- settings are cumulative
- conflcits: last policy wins
- if user and computer policy conflict . Computer policy wins
- local default - site - domain - OU - OU
- cumulative and last policy for conflicts wins
security filtering - utilize the OU flow to apply the policies.
Group policy results - to help in determining how policies are being applied
example use is for proxy server setting to use for a specific site
link gpo to sites.
in GPMC must display sites first
Making security exceptions
advanced settings allows for granular permissions and allow denying of policy. Deny overrides other permissions.